To quote one listener: “absurdist theater meets Wayne’s World with a punk attitude”
We’re a band from Richmond, Virginia…that has decided to make a podcast. Come journey with us as we write songs for you in each episode! The musical and lyrical content of each show and each song is always completely improvised. Our topics and ideas come from our listeners, the internet, and our collective brain.
Check out the most recent episodes from The AdGRordcast!
- 1/15/21 Adgrodcast: Feat. Dave Watkins, the Reissueby AdGRod, Dave Watkins on January 15, 2021 at 3:04 pm
THIS WEEK! We are reissuing and re-releasing one of the best sessions we’ve ever had here in Studio B. Dave Watkins brought his glorious presence and Dulcitar magic to our studio in 2019, and we recorded this session with him. It was originally released as a two part, and this week we are presenting it in it’s original one-take form. Oh dear, please do enjoy.
- 1/8/2021 Adgrodcast: The Manchego Brothers Full Featureby AdGRod on January 8, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen! THIS WEEK we are proudly presenting our most ambitious all-improvised concept to date, THE MANCHEGO BROTHERS, as it was intended to be listened to: as one full epic epoch. Enjoy.
- 1/1/2021 Adgrodcast: Rodney’s Friends, Berserker Llama Syndrome, Estefez For The Rest Of Usby AdGRod on January 1, 2021 at 7:00 am
This Week!! Welcome to SEASON 3!!! To celebrate a new year and a new season, we’re pulling up some sweet bonus content featuring Rodney’s friends (his furniture), a toe-tapper about Berserker Llama Syndrome, and finally, a lovely tribute to the late great Emilio Estevez. Wait, not “late” great? OH, just great. Anyhow, ENJOY!!
- Holiday Adgrodcast: Marissa, the re-release!by AdGRod, Marissa Resmini on December 25, 2020 at 7:00 am
THIS WEEK!! The Holidays are here, there is a global pandemic shredding gaping holes in the U.S. population, it’s like 70 degrees outside in Richmond in late December, and we’re probably all gonna die. So, instead of focusing on this fuck forsaken year, we’re taking the opportunity to re-release some hot pressed gems from past episodes. This one features Marissa Resmini, whose career we obviously and miraculously didn’t destroy. It’s a good’n, and we’re proud to shoot it back out into the universe like the dead husk of Elon Musk after his robot army eats his skin off.
- 12/18/2020 Adgrodcast: The Galactic Federation’s Monolith Rail, Rodney’s Merchant Of Venice, Master Pedestrianby AdGRod on December 18, 2020 at 7:00 am
THIS WEEK!! First of all, We’re BACK! In the ole’ hopper for dissection this week is the announcement of The Galactic Federation (side note, WTF), Rodney asks for funding to sit in a room and create whatever the fuck it is he creates, and finally, a song about a very bossy pedestrian. ENJOY!!